Monday, January 23, 2017

Castle Stars-Rundle Moon-Canadian Rockies


I've realized as I travel this journey of life that I am a bit impatient. When you are painting watercolor on canvas covered with gesso it takes longer for the paint to dry. So you wait...and you wait.....and you wait. I decided on this painting journey to work on two paintings. This way I can keep the flow going and have continuous brush strokes.

Castle Stars is a painting of Castle Mountain, which is down the road west of Banff. Depending on which angle you view Castle, it has many personalities. It can be an impenetrable wall of rock ramparts stretching across the horizon or a narrow, towering layer cake of rock, ice and snow. As there are no large peaks near it, Castle captures the light of day. From the early rays of dawn to the last blast of alpenglow at day's end, it is a beautiful mountain.

Rundle Moon is a painting of Mt. Rundle. Rundle can be seen from the back deck and the front of my house. It towers above Banff, and no matter what part of the valley you are in it captures your eye. From its vertical North face to swooping back slopes, Rundle is a beautiful mountain. I have painted her many times. In many ways painting her is like connecting with an old friend that you think of but do not always communicate with.

I look forward to the creative journey with these two peaks.
Robert Krysak

No comments:

Post a Comment