Sunday, January 29, 2017

Rundle Moon-Canadian Rockies

It's been a laid back weekend for us the past couple of days. My son only had one hockey game which was local. The temp is around 5c, so the XC skiing is a bit slick. We have all been going at a hectic pace this past week, and it's as if we had an unspoken pact to lay low. This afternoon I decided to spend some time with Rundle Moon.

This next phase with Rundle Moon has been interesting. I wanted to capture a tiny bit of the glow of the early rays of the morning sun, so I did a faint outline of Cadmium Yellow on the right slopes of the peaks. I also wanted to capture the cold, dark shadows of the north face on the left, without blending in too much to the night sky.

As you drop into the valley it gets dark and cold. I used the color of the night sky, in various brush strokes, trying to leave the brightness of the moonlit snow. I also left the upper slopes in white to capture the moon's bright glow.

With soft strokes of blue you can see the man in the moon, gazing down on the Rockies in all their glory.

I hope you had a great week of personal discovery.
Enjoy the journey.

Robert Krysak

No comments:

Post a Comment