Monday, June 19, 2017

Samoens, France-Canadian Rockies

Like any journey that comes to an end it is a bittersweet moment. As I near completion of Samoen, I put final details into the clock tower. I finish all the greenery and add the metal fence in the foreground. It is important to stop and step back and look at your work. You can overpaint a piece and lose the simplicity and beauty of "less is more".

After looking at the painting I sign my name.........the signal that the work is completed.

We had our friends who we stayed with in France over for dinner a few days after I completed Samoen. We gave it to them as a sign of our appreciation for the time we spent with them in France.

I hope they enjoy the painting in their home as much as I enjoyed creating it. I miss France....we will be back again.

Robert Krysak

Samoen, France
Watercolor on canvas
24" x 30"

No comments:

Post a Comment