Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Fall Colours-Canadian Rockies


It's Fall in the Rockies. The days are crisp and clear in the morning. As the sun heats up the earth, the jacket comes off. The body yearns to bask once more in the energy of life. If you step out of the suns rays, there is an instant cooling, especially if there is a breath of wind in the air.

I did a day trip into the Bugaboos a couple of days ago. As I drove up the 50km mountain road from the highway, the wind was blowing lightly and leaves were launching themselves from the trees to land gracefully on the ground. A few times I stepped out of the truck to breath in the autumn air. Each breath was a pungent inhalation of life that is almost over. The autumn fragrance filled my nostrils. Even as I drove, though there was a distinct chill in the air, I had my windows open.The leaves will soon be covered in a blanket of new snow. Winter will put it grasp on the earth, and new life will be at a standstill. 

This is a special time of year. Even more than the New Year. I find it is a good time for personal reflection. Where have I been.....where am I going.

Enjoy the Fall.

Robert Krysak

No comments:

Post a Comment