Sunday, October 22, 2017

The Cariboos-Canoe Glacier

I’ve been painting up a storm….or glaciers and mountains I guess. The process is to paint in the background and gradually work your way to the foreground. It’s interesting to watch the image grow as paint is added and new definition is put in.

 Shades and shadow really help the painting to take shape, having a sense of realism, while still being art. At this point, I spend more time looking at the piece from a distance. I'm looking to see if all the shadows tie in with the direction of the sun. It's also important to capture the shadows of the glacier. Those icy, dark, cold crevasses that drop untold distance into the ice. While beautiful from afar, these sharp chasms in the ice are a challenge to the mountaineer.

I am in the final stretch now to completion. It’s been a fun journey.

Robert Krysak

No comments:

Post a Comment