Monday, October 23, 2017

The Cariboos-Canoe Glacier


Creating a painting for me is not unlike going on a road trip. It’s the journey that counts in the end…. more than the destination. In this case, I have really enjoyed the journey, but I am also very happy with the destination…the finished painting. 

I sent an email with this image to a friend who guides in the Bugaboos for CMH Heli-Skiing, and has spent many years in the Cariboo area. This is his reply back:

"Hi  Bob, 
That looks like an amazing painting of one of my most favorite views in the world, of the Premier range and Sir John Thompson. Perhaps you would consider a large painting of a favorite Bugs scene that we could hang here and that could be advertising for you to sell paintings and notecards! Let's talk! All the best, Dave."

To receive such strong validation for my work, from someone who knows the subject matter well, humbles me. It also inspires me to create more and pursue new challenges. I have an art show in Banff, Friday, November 17th. Time to get painting!

Robert Krysak

The Cariboos-Canoe Glacier
Watercolour on canvas
36" x 18"
$400 SOLD


No comments:

Post a Comment