Sunday, November 19, 2017

The Five Senses-Canadian Rockies


"The Five Senses"
Life is an interesting journey. I remember the day, 3 months ago, when I decided to have the art show, "The Five Senses". Since that day, I have spent hundreds of hours thinking, planning and creating. Many nights I was up until 1 a.m., painting and listening to CKUA or Radio Paradise.

The show is now in the rear view mirror, it is past history. It was a success in many ways. First off, it was great to see many friends and meet new ones. It was gratifying to see people talking about a piece I had created. It was a validation of my work, to have a few pieces find new homes. It was rewarding to see people excited about the new piece of art they had acquired. It was humbling and an honor to have so much help from my family, friends and sponsors.

I would like to thank my partner in life Nancy, and son Robson, for all their help and understanding these past few months, as I created in my studio. Also, thanks to them for their help during the show.
Thank you to my friends Tony and Anne, Connie and Tom, Lynne and Bill, Murray and Annie and Casey and Hannah, who all helped with setup, were there during the show, and with tear down.

Thank you to Mandi, Jane and Eamonn who entertained us with wonderful, live music.

The show would not have been a success without the help and support of our sponsors.
Thank you to Brian and Katherine Smythe of Chalet Grocery and Tunnel Mountain Beer and Wine, Norm and Martin from The Banff Roasting Company, Matt and Keith from Wildlife Distillery, and Germaine from Bare Bistro. Also, thank you to Patti's Pantry from Banff who catered the event.

It is said the journey is more important than the destination. In this case, the show, the destination was of most importance. I would like to thank all of those who purchased my paintings and cards. With your help, I am able to make a sizable donation to the YWCA.

In closing, I would like to thank Connie MacDonald, CEO of the YWCA in Banff.  Connies offering of a venue and help with marketing etc. helped to make the show a success. A long time friend, Connie works tirelessly for improvement of life for many in the Bow Valley.

Robert Krysak

No comments:

Post a Comment