Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Rundle Grizzly-Canadian Rockies

At my sale in November, there were two raffles. All the proceeds from the raffles went to the YWCA. One raffle was for a three hour watercolour lesson. The other was for a commissioned painting. I went to the winners house, and over a java discussed what they were interested in. We also looked at  a couple of locations in the house where the painting would go.

The subject matter choice was of Mt. Rundle in early morning, pink sky, tall trees and a grizzly in the foreground. After much thought, practice sketches etc., I created the painting. A week or so ago I took the painting to the winner's house. It's always hard to read people's reactions, but overall I think the painting is appreciated. A few days later I saw the winner by the Post Office and they said they "Loved" their new painting.

Rundle Grizzly
Watercolour on canvas
22" x 30"
Robert Krysak

No comments:

Post a Comment