Saturday, April 21, 2018

Baker Lake-Canadian Rockies

A good friend of ours called us the other day to invite us to a milestone birthday. I feel every birthday is a special one, and feel honored to be invited to a celebration of life. I asked what we could bring, and were quickly told "Nothing!" We talked a bit more about Spring and the mountains, and I asked our friend what her favourite mountain/view/vista was. "Baker Lake" was the reply.

Baker Lake is off the main access trail on the way to Skoki Valley in the heart of the Slate range near Lake Louise ski area. Around a 12 km hike from the parking lot, towering peaks dominate the skyline, with the meadows filled with a wide variety of wild flowers in mid-summer. Fossil Mtn. provides the backdrop for Baker Lake.

The image above is a card I created on 300 lb. Arches Cold Press paper. I tried to limit my colours to cobalt blue, windsor blue and green, sepia and raw umber.

I hope she likes this non gift/card;)

Robert Krysak

No comments:

Post a Comment