Sunday, May 18, 2014

Peggy's Cove-Nova Scotia

It's been a while since I've painted. I started a new career, water has opened up so have been stand up paddle boarding a lot and have been on my bike. Even played golf yesterday.

It's the May long weekend in Canada, its raining, family is out doing adventures so time to pick up the brush.
The weather outside is dark and grey……a brooding mood of cloud, moisture and contrast. That's what I want to create in Peggy's Cove. I want the sky and water to be foreboding, but the boats to be bright and alive. As the buildings and docks get pounded by harsh weather they need to be grey, faded, tired but with bright areas where new paint has been added.

It's always great to come back to the canvas and brush.
I hope you have a great weekend!
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment