Friday, June 3, 2016

Santa Rosa California-Back to the pencil-California Dreaming

As far back as I can remember I have always sketched with a pencil and paper. Very simple tools, easy to carry and get at. As time progressed I got into carving into wood with metal tools, creating images from copper sheets, silk screening onto different fabrics and painting with oils and watercolours.
Each medium was an adventure, a journey....but the one I keep coming back to is pencil and paper.
This past week I was in Sonoma County, California, at meetings, and as I work for an outdoor company, we were exploring the surrounding hillsides with one of our dealers. I had time to sit by a lake, the warm California breeze blowing thru the air....and I picked up my pencil and paper and enjoyed the moment.
California Dreaming

No comments:

Post a Comment