Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Simplicity-Canadian Rockies

My son is 16 in just over a month. He's finished Grade 10,  started a summer job, and is a busy young man. I don't see him much anymore. Between all of us working, him hanging with his friends and lifes busy moments, there is not much time together.

I am between paintings and projects right now. I thought it's a good time to share some of the art my son and I have created together. When he was younger, we always did a boys trip. We would leave Mom with the house to herself, load the vehicle with camping gear and golf clubs, and head out on an adventure. We always had harmonicas, slingshots and a small travel paint kit. We'd sing at the top of our lungs to Jim Cuddy and Blue Rodeo. We'd always stop for a cold Root Beer or ice cream as we rolled thru small towns.

Depending on where our adventure took us, and the weather, dictated what type of painting we would create. Some were elaborate with lots of colour and detail. Others, like the one above, were simplistic. Our only rules were we both had to put brush to paper and we had to have fun.

I hope you enjoy the journey as I travel thru our paintings from the past.

Robert Krysak

No comments:

Post a Comment