Sunday, November 11, 2018

Tug Boat-West Coast


My brother lives on the West Coast of Canada, just south of Vancouver, B.C.. An accomplished artist in his own right, he is also a talented photographer. Every once in a while he sends me his "Catch of the Day", a photo he has captured of the West Coast. Sometimes it's flowers that are blooming in the Spring, other times it is an image near the shoreline.

The other day, the "Catch of the Day" was the North Arm Wave tugboat. It was plying its way down the Fraser river on its journey to the coast. Having lived on the coast a couple of times, and having visited often, it brings back fond memories seeing the tugs work their magic. Whether it be from the seat of my kayak or from the deck of a BC Ferry, the sight of a tug working the waterways is a special one.

I asked my brother if I could create a sketch of his photo, with a bit of artists interpretation added in. He gave me the nod, and the result is Tug Boat-West Coast.

I haven't been to the West Coast for a couple of years. Might be time to make the journey.

Robert Krysak



No comments:

Post a Comment