Saturday, May 25, 2019

The 3 "R"'s-Recycle, Recreate, Relax-Lake Minnewanka-Canadian Rockies


I've been crazy busy lately working a new job. Not a lot of time for family, friends......self. It was raining hard today, and I decided to follow the 3 "R"'s.........Recycle, Recreate and Relax.

I had a show of my work almost two years ago in Banff. At the show I had a 36"x12" canvas with a quick sketch at the top. In my vanity at the time, I wanted people to leave a note in felt pen on the canvas, telling me how good I was, how good the show was. Interesting what we feel is important at different times on this journey of life.

I tried multiple times to coat the canvas in a white gesso, hoping to cover up the signatures/best wishes and reuse the canvas. I finally gave up.....until today. With the rain pounding outside and Radio Paradise music streaming on the computer, I pulled out the canvas. After staring at it for a while, I jumped onto my computer and looked at pictures I had taken over the past few months. One immediately caught my eye. The boat docks at Lake Minnewanka with the mountains flanking on all sides.

As I put layer upon layer of paint down on the canvas, I realized some of signatures would be slightly visible. Perfect.
After a few hours, I had Recycled, Recreated and Relaxed.

Lake Minnewanka
Mixed Media
36"x12"
$425

Robert Krysak
Enjoy The Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment