Saturday, October 28, 2017

Bow Lake-Canadian Rockies

I was travelling the past couple of days to the Cariboo Lodge, west of Valemount BC. On the journey back I was driving down the Banff Jasper Highway. I was near Bow Summit. On my right side on the slopes, I could see new ski tracks. The ski season has begun!

As the road levelled out, Bow Lake came into view, with the Crowfoot Glacier at the back of the lake. Soon Bow Lake was on my right side, and I quickly pulled over. The lake was like a mirror. There was not a breath of wind. I could hear a Raven caw off in the distance, and the whistling of a Marmot.

There are times in your life that are very special.....one of a kind......a memorable moment. This was one of them. I raised my face to the sun, closed my eyes, and let out a howl. It is great to be alive.

Robert Krysak

No comments:

Post a Comment