Saturday, April 11, 2020

RAVEN OVER RUNDLE-CANADIAN ROCKIES

Initial pencil sketch laying out ideas 
Pencil sketch on canvas, outlining buffalo, chief, and raven

“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus”. Mark Twain.
I've been told I have an imagination. I've been struggling lately to create any new art. With the challenges going on in the world, I have spent much time thinking about the future of the world, for my family, my wife, and my son. The other day while on a bike ride to Vermilion lakes, I looked back at Sleeping Buffalo (Tunnel Mountain) and Mount Rundle. I imagined a buffalo resting on the grass, and off to the side, a Stoney Nakoda Chief watching over the buffalo and the Bow Valley. It is a work in progress, and I want to capture water, wildlife, earth, and sky.
Robert Krysak


No comments:

Post a Comment