Sunday, March 16, 2014

Cascade Mountain-Early Morning-Canadian Rockies

March has come in like a lion to the Rockies with lots of new snow. We had to shovel the driveway 3 times in the same day! The temperature then rocketed up to plus 9c and melted down a ton of the snow with huge avalanches coming down every peak.

Time to start painting Cascade Mountain. To capture the morning light coming from the East I mixed New Gamboge, Cadmium Yellow and Alizaron Crimson. I then added a bit more of the crimson to try and grab some of the red in the sky. I need to plan the next few stages as I will have to play with the moods of rock in a bright morning sky  and try to capture that warm hue. I will also have to plan out the shaded areas where you can feel the cold, and the air is so still that your exhaled breath floats for what seems like eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment