Sunday, February 23, 2014

Mt. Assiniboine-Early Morning-Canadian Rockies

There comes a time in a painting…….I guess in life also, when enough is enough, when it is finished, you are done. For me it is the biggest challenge to step back and not add any more paint, not fill in any more white spaces, be satisfied with what I have created. This afternoon I decided to work on Assiniboine, no real plan, just see where the journey takes me. I mixed together some old and new Sepia to create a really dark paint and began filling in the mountain on the left and at the same time adding some Cobalt blue in the foreground for the crevasses on the glacier. I'm happy with what has been created. In the background listening to "Jack Johnson, Greatest Hits".

Mt. Assiniboine-Early Morning-Canadian Rockies
24" x 18"
$500

No comments:

Post a Comment