Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Stealth Wolf-Canadian Rockies

It's Spring in the Rockies. The world is alive with the sound of birds, gurgling water, the cracking of ice and the silence of the forest. I have been on many walks in the woods near our home, and have come across countless wolf tracks in the snow.

One day when I was walking down a narrow road thru the woods, I was startled by a movement in the forest off to my right. I stopped, looking into the woods, and a deer poked its head around a tree. I caught my breath, slowly exhaled then chuckled. Having seen all the wolf track had my imagination racing.........I thought a wolf had been watching me.

You seldom see wolves, but they are in the forest. Almost invisible except for their tracks, they move silently through the valley. With stealth and cunning, they are able to sneak up on unsuspecting prey.

On the walk back to the van, I envisioned a painting with a dark background, snow, and a wolf peeking around an aspen tree.

Stealth Wolf was born.

Robert Krysak

No comments:

Post a Comment