Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Stealth Wolf-Canadian Rockies

It has been very interesting painting Stealth Wolf. When you live close to the wilderness, you are always aware of the presence of animals. You see their tracks, some fur on a branch, scat on the ground.

While I was working on the painting I had this eerie sensation of being watched. As the eye of Stealth Wolf evolved I felt it was watching me, checking me out. I have a habit of putting a painting on the mantle of our fireplace, and I view it from different angles and distance. The goal is to make sure I have the right perspective and shadows and depth of field.

Having completed Stealth Wolf I feel inclined to create more works of the wild animals that live around us. It is Spring time......soon the bears will be out of their dens.

Stealth Wolf
Watercolor on canvas
20" x 16"
$350

No comments:

Post a Comment