Sunday, December 27, 2020

RAVEN OVER SLEEPING BUFFALO-CANADIAN ROCKIES


 I finish the trees, and my attention turns to the Lake Trout that are swimming in the cold Vermilion Lake waters. I have swum in this lake, only for a short time, as I flew out of the water after falling off my paddleboard. The bottom of the lake is thick, gooey mud. It has trapped many elk in its time as elk have tried to traverse across it in early Spring. I've never painted trout before, or any fish for that matter. I use reference images from the internet. I also use an image of a glass lake trout my friend Ryan Bavin has created. Google his name to see a master of glass at work. His Dad, Pat, is also a glassblower and a painter. He is also a Forest Therapy Guide and thru him, I have gained a new appreciation for the forest. The trout require many layers, and as one dries, I focus on the next one. In the background, I am listening to the Road Home FM. Great tunes to paint with as my brush continues to dance on the canvas at 12:15 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment