Saturday, May 5, 2018

Alpine Club of Canada Open House-Canadian Rockies

The Alpine Club of Canada is having an Open House this Sunday, May 6th, from 10 am -3:30 pm.
The clubhouse is located in Canmore, on the side of a mountain slope overlooking the Bow Valley. The theme of the open house is Mountain Art, and features Artists and Food Vendors of the Rockies.

I will have a booth at the open house selling my cards, framed watercolours and watercolours on canvas. 20% of the sale of my work will be donated to the John Lauchlan Memorial Award. John and I went to the same High School in Calgary and were in art class together. Undisputably one of the top climbers in Canada, John was also a very talented artist. John was killed in an avalanche in 1982.

I look forward to talking to the mountain community about my work. As well, I will discuss what tools an artist needs while travelling in the back country, painting from the car and painting in the studio.

Robert Krysak

No comments:

Post a Comment