Monday, May 7, 2018

Bow River Ride-Canadian Rockies

I had to get outside today and burn some carbon. I spent 7 hours yesterday inside at an art show at the Alpine Club of Canada. While I did get out on to the deck I few times, I was mostly inside.

Midday today, after a few phone calls and working on the computer, the bike and the mountains were calling. I packed up a snack, my paint kit and some water and hit the road. Strava told me I rode 15.1 k, gained 125m and was riding for 1 hour 2 min. My soul told me it was great to be outside.

Sitting by the Bow River that flanks the golf course, I meditated, painted and enjoyed my surroundings. The gurgling of the river as it washed over rocks and logs, the chorus of spring birds singing and the soft breeze blowing thru the trees cleansed me.

Rain or shine, I need to get out every day, and enjoy this journey of living in the mountains.

Robert Krysak

No comments:

Post a Comment