Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Penzance-Blast from the Past

Penzance is a historic port on the south facing shores of Mount's Bay, and has one of the mildest climates in the UK. One of the striking things about the town is the abundance of palm trees and gardens full of sub-tropical plants. 

My In-Laws had a post card from Penzance that they loved. I'm not sure if they were ever there, but it was a special place for them. In 2007 they were going thru health challenges. I was going to be flying out to visit them and help around the house with my wife and son. A few days before the flight, I came across the post card and decided to create a painting for them. They loved it.

They were both very special people and both have passed on. When we were out for the celebration of my Mother-in-Law's life, I asked if we could take "Penzance" home as a remembrance of two great people in our lives.
The painting is in our home now, and brings back fond memories.

Robert Krysak

No comments:

Post a Comment