Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day-Cave and Basin-Canadian Rockies



It's Mothers Day in the mountains. I woke up early and made breakfast for my wife and son. The three of us then went to The Cave and Basin and went for a stroll with our nephew, his wife and their 2 year old daughter.

There is a great interpretative walk that drops down to the marshland where there are birds, frogs, fish and............snakes. We saw a foot long Garter snake resting in the warm, spring sun. The boardwalk goes to a closed in viewing area where you can see birds out on the marsh. I took a quick photo thru one of the viewpoints, capturing Cascade Mountain off in the distance. In many places under the boardwalk is a warm, bubbling stream

When we got back to the start of the boardwalk we sat down to enjoy the sun. I took out my travel kit and did a quick sketch of Cascade.

When we got home, I went outside to our back deck to meditate. My Mom has been gone for half my life now, and in meditation I thanked her for all she did for me through my life. I also thanked my wife who has been an amazing bright light and compass for our son.

Happy Mother's Day to all.

Robert Krysak


No comments:

Post a Comment