Thursday, November 11, 2021

Cascade Colourful Locals




 This is a very large project. The width of the 3 canvas is 66", or 5"6". 28 " tall. Before I begin, I prepare larger trays of colour so I can paint from colour to colour without having to worry about mixing or quantity. I prepare trays of Cadmium Yellow, Perinone Orange, Permanent Red, Quinacridone Violet, French Ultramarine Blue and a final tray Of Ultramarine Blue and Sepia.

I begin on the right canvas with Cadmium yellow, lay the colour down, clean my brush in water then on to the next colour. The final colour, the Ultramarine/Sepai blend, covers a lot of canvas, so I lay down layer after layer.

In the background listening to CKUA, and planning the next stage of painting as colours dry.

Enjoy the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment