Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Preparing for the Journey



 They say it takes 10,000 hours of working on a skill until you are an expert. I have been an artist my whole life and am learning every day............being an expert is a long way off.

What I have learned on my journey, whether it be going for a bike ride, a paddle, a hike, is to be prepared. I know I will be painting a fair amount in the next few months so have cleaned off my main palette and put fresh, new colours on it. Paint is not cheap.......a 15 ml tube can run over $35 and I have 40-50......so I squeeze every last ounce of paint out of each finished tube. I also take very good care of my brushes. The sable brushes can run $30-$100 depending on size. Sheets of 20 x 30 300 lb. watercolour paper are $30, so I am careful to plan each piece accordingly.

I have a few different paint sets I work with. A portable one that can fit in my jacket pocket or pannier, a mid-size one that goes into a pack or road trip, and the large kit that I use for bigger paintings.

As November skies darken and new snow falls ,I look forward to my time in the studio with my paints, CKUA and Radio Paradise.

Enjoy the journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment