Thursday, June 10, 2021

Cobalt Lake-The Bugaboos-The Big Wall


 

"Ordinary men hate solitude. But the master makes use of it, embracing the aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe."Lao Tzu

Creating/painting can be a lonely journey. You need to concentrate on the subject at hand......hard to talk to anyone or acknowledge people. Bruce Coburn, on Radio Paradise is singing in the background keeping me company. He is followed by T Bone Burnett.

It's time to paint the big wall. I make sure I have enough Paynes Grey mixture and begin the process. My brush dances around the wall, a shadow here, a long line there. On teh lower slopes I paint in multiple lines to represent scree. The rule of thumb in painting is "No twigs at 2 miles". You save the real detail for the foreground. The next area I will work on is the right peak/knob. The colours warm up here. We will still have Payens Grey, but I will add hues of browns and greens to capture the changing rock and the flora.

I am totally immersed in Cobalt Lake. I even visited it in my dreams last night.

Enjoy the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment