Thursday, June 17, 2021

Cobalt Lake-The Bugaboos-The Foreground

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth". Buddah

If you have just discovered this blog and the painting Cobalt Lake, this is a fundraiser for Dani Lowenstein. Dani is a husband/father/mountain guide/friend who contracted Covid-19 while guiding in the mountains over a year ago. He is a long hauler, and the effects of Covid have had a devastating effect on his life and livelihood. I am accepting offers on this painting, and the top bidder gets the painting. All proceeds go to Dani's healing.

I haven't painted for a couple of days. I had my second Covid shot on Tuesday afternoon. I felt fine the first 24 hours. Then it was like I had been hit by a freight train. Extreme exhaustion, chills, pain all over my body. The arm that got the shot felt like it had been thru a meat grinder. As a graduate of Cancer, my immune system is weaker than most.

I'm back in the studio today. New energy and determination to complete Cobalt Lake. I begin working on the moss/grass in the foreground. Mixtures of Paynes Grey, Phthalo green raw sienna, and Sepia dance off the brush. Before they dry, I take a piece of tissue and dab it in the paint, pulling off layers and adding texture. I also remove the masking around the large granite boulder. I want to think about its part in the painting as I build layer after layer of the moss and grass.

Enjoy the journey.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment