Friday, June 11, 2021

Cobalt Lake-The Bugaboos-Peak


 
"It's easy to stand in the crowd but it takes courage to stand alone". Mahatma Gandhi.

It's time to work on the right peak beside Cobalt Lake. I throw down a layer of Paynes Grey, and before it dries I brush in Yellow Ochre and Phthalo Green to capture the colours of the rock, earth and bushes. While that dries I focus on the peak to the left of Cobalt Lake and brush in a layer of Paynes Grey. As both dry, I think of the next steps on the peak to the right. I want to add in rock formations, scree slopes and the gnarly bushes that exist on the mountainside.

Using a darker mixture of Paynes Grey with a bit of Sepia mixed in I begin brushing in the rock. I then load my brush with the Phthalo Green mixed with Paynes Grey and brush in the bushes.

In the background, I am listening to The Road Home with Bob Chelmick. A great collection of music, poems and stories.

Enjoy the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment