Monday, June 21, 2021

Cobalt Lake-The Bugaboos-The Finished Painting

 

"It's the action, not the fruit of the action, that's important. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, may not be in your time, that there'll be any fruit. But that doesn't mean you stop doing the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result". Mahatma Gandhi  

Cobalt Lake, The Bugaboos, is finished. I have an unwritten rule that once I sign a piece I do not touch it again with a brush. 

In the final stages, I work on the small granite rocks in the foreground, and on the large boulder. I shadow in the rocks on top of the boulder, then finish the mossy grass in the foreground.

The final area I work on is Cobalt Lake itself. With a mixture of Windsor Blue Green and Turquoise, I brush in layers of paint. In one corner I dab with a kleenex to pull up some paint and give the impression of reflection of the snowfield on the left side.

As I listen to Jim Cuddy in the background, I have a sense of accomplishment and sadness at the same time. It has been a powerful journey of creation and memories. I think of the many times I have journeyed around the Bugaboos and how the Spires are a part of my soul.

This painting is a fundraiser for Dani Lowenstein, a long-hauler, friend, and mountain guide who is struggling thru the effects of Covid-19.

Cobalt Lake-The Bugaboos, Watercolour on Canvas 24" x 30"

If you are interested in purchase, please contact me at alignmentsportsbanff@gmail.com or 403-760-9922.

Enjoy the journey,

Robert Krysak

No comments:

Post a Comment