Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Cobalt Lake-The Bugaboos-The Spires


 

I'm starting to get up close and personal with the painting. In the early stages, I'm almost an observer, watching the image grow as layers of paint are brushed on. Now I am in the painting, a living, breathing part of the granite towers. My eyes dance from my photo to the canvas a thousand times. My 3/8 slanted brush dives into the newly darkened Paynes Grey and I let it dance over the walls of the spires. I step back many times to critique the process. Off my studio is a bathroom, and I hold up the painting to look at it in the mirror in reverse. The goal here is to focus on the shadow, light, and dimensions, not necessarily the painting itself. In the background, Neil Young is playing "Long May You Run". The big wall above Cobalt Lake is next. Time to step back and make sure I have enough paint and energy for this next part of the journey.

Long May you Run-Neil Young

Robert Krysak

No comments:

Post a Comment