Sunday, June 6, 2021

COBALT LAKE-BUGABOOS

Dani Lowenstein is a friend who is Manager and Lead Guide at Canadian Mountain Holidays (CMH) Bugaboos. In March of 2020, while guiding at the Bugaboos, he was infected with Covid-19. It has been over a year of a rollercoaster of debilitating symptoms that have left him with brain, heart, lung, and nervous system injuries.

Dani has been receiving treatment at the Hoffman Centre. He is already seeing improvements, but this treatment is not covered by BC Health Insurance. Dani and his family are looking at a heavy financial burden to get him healthy and able to work again. It is expected that the treatment will total anywhere from $50,000 to $100,000. There currently is a Go Fund Me in progress to raise funds.

I asked Dani what his favorite scene/view was of the Bugaboos and he told me "Cobalt Lake". It is one of my faves as well. I have been there a few times, and have a few images in my photo collection. I reached out to my friend Lyle Grisedale, a talented photographer and guide who has worked at the Bugaboos for many years. He sent me a collection of images......above is the one Dani chose. 

I am going to create a watercolour painting on canvas of Cobalt Lake.....24" x 30". As the painting evolves I will post images on this blog. My end goal is to auction the painting and all proceeds go to Dani's fundraiser. People can email or text me their bid during the process and I will post on this blog where we are at for $ bids. I will keep the auction open until one week after the painting is completed. Bids received are verbal only. Once the auction closes, the top bid will get the painting, and the owner will make payment directly to Dani's Go Fund Me.

Thank you in advance for your help with Dani's journey.

Robert Krysak

Send bids to alignmentsportsbanff@gmail.com or 403-760-9922 





No comments:

Post a Comment